Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm Bummed...

I've decided to sell Kizzy and it is not because anything she did. She is coming along wonderfully. She is walking, trotting and cantering like a rock star. She is balanced and quiet and has a great brain. The reason I am selling her is because she is marish and neurotic on the ground and when she is left alone. She gets kicky and nervous and with a 4 yr old and a non horsey husband I don't feel safe with her around them.

When I started looking for a horse I was looking for a quiet gelding that had show experience at the Novice level. My goal is Training level maybe Prelim if I get the guts but I need a competitive horse that has a kind willing mind. The horse also has to be quiet on the ground so when my 4 yr old and my husband want to help they can. Now I know you have to always supervise kids and horses but I want a horse that I feel safe around and I am not scared when Gage gets a brush out to help.

I bought Kizzy more from emotion and I should have. I should have thought it through more but I truly thought Kizzy was going to be that sweet quiet horse I was looking for even though she is young right now. I did learn a lot from Kizzy though and with selling her I will have a bigger budget to find my perfect horse.

I will be changing this blog a bit once I get my new partner but for now I will close...

No comments:

Post a Comment