Monday, April 5, 2010

The first ride!

So it was time for me to ride Kizzy and I was so excited. Chelsey has been doing a great job with her and she has been so good. I arrived at the old barn and got Kiz out to brush her and get her ready. Other horses were also getting ready and she just looked around and stood like a champ. We brought her into the indoor and it was windy. The sides of the indoor are not completely closed in so you can hear things going on outside but you can't see them. There were also things banging on the roof and hitting the side of the arena. Kiz was on her toes but only jumped a few times and then went back to work. Chelsey put her through her paces and explained what she had been doing. I asked questions through out the whole ride and it was amazing that Chelsey didn't just tell me to shut up. I was a little worried Kiz looked a bit ready to go and I am not the most confident person in the world but I came out to ride and that is what I want to do. So when it was my turn we lengthened the stirrups and up I went. All I have to say is it was amazing.

Now I know Kizzy can move and that she is balanced but sitting on her and feeling that first hand was awesome. She made riding easier and I never once felt nervous on her even when she spooked. She never made me feel like she was going to blow or do anything stupid. She listened to all my body language and did everything like she had much more experience. She moved away from my leg she slowed when I slowed my breathing and she even moved from my seat aides. She of course had her green moments because she is still a baby but she was so balanced and responsive that it was hard to believe she was just started a little over two months ago. Patricia did such a great job starting her and getting her used to so many things now Chels is just continuing the good work. I have to say that she is the best horse I've sat on and I've sat on a bunch. I've decided I am not going to sell Kiz because even though she is neurotic on the ground and may not be the best family horse you can't have everything. She is the most talented horse I've ever owned and I want to compete her. Gage can play and help with Gunny and Kiz will just be a horse that he can help mom with but just not as much. My plan is to work with Chelsey and hopefully do derbies, schooling shows, clinics and at last a BN recognized event...This blog is going to get much more interesting as we start diving back into the eventing world....

No comments:

Post a Comment