Thursday, July 16, 2009

Back to normal!


Well everybody has gone home and even though it was awesome to see family and we had a blast I am sure all are ready to be back to normal. Well my normal is working with Kizzy consistently again. I have been working her about 6 days a week and she is coming along very nicely. She does like to test me now and again but once she knows I am not going to quit she seems to say OK and does it. She does have a little bit of a stubborn streak but she is good at working through it. We are working on giving and moving away from pressure, respect of space and getting her used to new things. All of this is ongoing but she gets better every lesson.


She has a bony lump on her jaw between her cheek and her chin. At first I thought she just must have hit it but it has not gone away so I want to get her looked at. It doesn't seem sore anymore and it doesn't seem to bother her but I want Dr Mike to check it out. The fun part of the vet visit is that I am bringing her to the clinic so if he has to take xrays it will be easier. One of my biggest anxieties with horses is having a horse that loads and unloads easily. Kizzy is now realizing what the trailer is and therefore is not as excited to get in it. She is still very good but there is a bit more hesitation and she actually backed out a few times before I asked her and didn't stop when I pulled a bit on the halter. I am taking it pretty slow because I never want this to be a problem and in the future I would love to have her walk in and out by herself so I can take her places by myself. Ah so much to work on...

No comments:

Post a Comment