Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fun Filled Weekend!


Well we had a bunch of fun this weekend. I thought I would be working the whole weekend on getting her to load and unload from the trailer. Well I walked her up to the trailer and in she went so I made her back up to get used to that and then go forward again. She rocked and never once was worried about getting in or out. We worked on walk, trot and whoa without any problem and she just does her thing weather she is scared of something or not. We walked by a few monsters on the road and she just takes it all in and moves on, I love this horse.



Today I decided to try to put a lunging surcingle on to get her used to something around her girth area. I had gotten her used to the pad and surcingle but was going to walk her around a bit with it tightened a little. Well I tightened it a little and she was walking around like a pro until it slipped back and really tightened. She looked like a Lipizzaner with all her feet off the ground, boy can she jump (she is so athletic). It was my mistake by putting it to loose so it could move to much but she did her leaps above the ground then just stopped and let me pull it forward. I held onto it so it wouldn't move again then walked her around so it would end on a positive note and she just went about her business. She is going to be so fun!!!
I also pulled her mane so she looks a bit more ready to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment