Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back to work!



Well I just got back from a family vacation with my mom and my son Gage. We went to my cousins high school graduation and visited a bunch of family while we were there. It was so nice to see Gage playing with his cousins. We had a busy time but it was a blast. I do really miss home...




Kizzy got a week off so now it is time to buckle down again. I am really working on getting her used to all the equipment and lunging while she is tacked up. Today we worked on boots and her bridle. I had been working on just putting a rope in her mouth to get her used to the feeling of something in her mouth. Today I put a light bridle on with a rubber loose ring bit. She was chewing on it and moving it around but she was taking to it nicely. When I first put her boots on she did a bit of high stepping but soon got used to them. She lunged great today and listened really well. I am basically going to keep putting her bridle on and the boots until she gets used to them then introduce the surcingle again. I don't want to introduce to much at once. She seems to take things in stride and even if she gets a bit nervous she is nice and quiet about it. I think she will come along nicely...

No comments:

Post a Comment