Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I am sick of rain!!!

Well Kizzy is doing very well. We have been working on walk, trot and whoa while on the lead and she is doing great we even trotted through some puddles. I had to work with her on being sprayed for bugs. She didn't like that much, it is funny the things you just figure horses are used to. We worked on it a bit and everything came out well but of course after she was all covered in a protective layer it started to pour rain. This brings me to why I am sick of rain. I thought in WA that I would be pretty safe in May to have a horse without a blanket. We are getting close to summer and it should be much warmer. I also thought that this would be a great time to work a horse because it would be more dry then wet outside...Well I had to go buy a blanket last night which she will probably out grow in 2 wks and I get to work her in the pouring rain for short spurts because Gage doesn't want to hang outside either in the rain and he usually plays outside while I work Kizzy. I don't think Kizzy was used to wearing a blanket because she thought something was really trying to get her with those back leg straps but boy she can really get her hind end under her. She is really touchy between her back legs and stomach area around her girly parts so we are working on getting more comfortable with that so she doesn't get kicky... One last thing is Gunther and Kizzy have become the best of friends which is very sweet except when you want to take one of them away. I am hoping Gunther doesn't have a hear attack when I take Kizzy to the little schooling show...

No comments:

Post a Comment