Thursday, June 11, 2009

It has been busy!!!

It seems like we have been running everywhere so I haven't had as much time as I wanted to work with Kizzy. Once the refi on our house goes through it will be back to more normal activities. I decided since Kizzy has been a bit fearful of the saddle I moved to quickly without enough prep work. So we are back to square one with the saddle. This is fine since I am in no hurry and I am having a blast. Leslie helped me with a few ideas on how to get her comfortable with the saddle and girth so she will be happy and comfortable once we get it on again.

Sometimes I feel I move more quickly with her because she is easy going and doesn't really react to things which is great. The only problem with that is I don't realize she has an issue with something until after she already has one. I just carry on with things then she reacts to something and I realize I did not prepare her for what I was doing and she has never had it done before. I just expect her to be good about everything and forget sometimes that she is so young with so little experience it just takes getting used to. She is such a joy to work with and I am hoping to do some really fun things with her in the next few months. I have a bunch of fun training activities planned....

No comments:

Post a Comment