Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Saddle is a success!!!

Well we have been working on putting the bridle on and getting her used to the bit and she has been doing very well. After the surcingle slipped I was a little hesitant about using it again. It has no elastic and it is hard to get it tight with give. I decided to just use the saddle instead. We worked on getting it on and off and moving it around but I didn't try the girth again for a while. On Friday I decided to give it a go and after a few bucks she was good and lunging like a champ. I did the same thing on Sunday and although she moved a bit more because she new what was coming she still did very good. I try to alternate days so she doesn't think we are going to be doing something she is not fond of everyday. So now we continue working on getting her used to all the normal tack (saddle, bridle, boots etc) then slowly introduce the breast plate, stirrups etc... I am taking it slow because I want this to be a positive experience and I want her to become a horse that nothing really phases.

No comments:

Post a Comment