Monday, August 24, 2009

It's been a while!!

Well it has been a while since I posted we had a lot going on. Dan was on a trip to Minnesota for a PGA golf tournament so it was just Gage and I. Needless to say I did not get a lot done with Kizzy. I did have a blast with Gage though. He also had his 4Th Birthday on Saturday and we had our friends and family over with there kids. We had a blast and Gage had a bunch of fun with all the kids. We purchased one of those wooded swing sets a month ago as a Birthday present for Gage. Dan just finished it the Friday before Gage's Birthday, nice timing... I can't believe he is already 4. The swing set will be so great because it gives him something to play on when we are outside and I am working Kizzy or doing chores.

I started putting a saddle pad on her with my XC over girth around where the girth would go. I have been doing so many elastic bands that she doesn't mind this at all. I will just slowly tighten it up and go from there. I have continued to do a bunch of desensitizing and ground work with her and I think it is really paying off. I am also really working on personal space issues because she likes to just kind of push me out of her way. We still have a long way to go on the girth issue but I feel I am making big steps forward when before I felt I was spinning my wheels. I also think I might wait and take her to Leslie's in October or November and only for two weeks. I feel I am working through Kizzy's issues and we are figuring things out well. I also think we are building trust and a partnership. My last bit is I really want Kizzy to go into training (backing, flatwork and outings) with Patricia in January or February so I would like to save some money so she can be there a bit longer during the winter months. I really would love to be ready next summer to ride in some clinics and maybe a few schooling shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment