Friday, August 7, 2009

We had some fun!

Yesterday we had some fun. I did the normal start by getting her moving forward and moving away from pressure. I had the new elastic thing around her girth area which she is getting really used to. I wanted to work with her walking over a tarp so I pulled one out in her pasture so I could get it ready. As I was getting it ready she was pawing at it and picking it up with her mouth and shaking it obviously not to scary. Once I got the poles on the sides so it would not fly around since it was windy I just started walking her over it. She was more interested in eating it then anything. We walked back and forth until she did it without balking at all. Then I worked her on the lunge with it and she just walked over it like a champ even with the wind blowing the edges around. I would walk her over it while making her move forward then I would make her move her haunches to switch direction. She did awesome and never batted an eye. I wanted to trot a bit over it but it was so windy I thought it would be better if we quit with just the walk.

She still has a dominance issue like she thinks she is in charge of everything but we are getting through it. I want to make her respect me and my space before she gets bigger and stronger. She is so nice to work with and takes everything in stride still so that is good. One week until she goes to Leslie's and I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment