Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Moving along!

So this last weekend My mom and I took Kizzy to the Woodbrook Hunter Derby Trials. I wanted to get her out and about again and I also wanted to tack her up and move her out a bit. She is so good at loading and walks right in so that anxiety is finally leaving me. When we first got there I was a bit worried the driveway was skinny and the parking was way back in a small field. I didn't know where the road was leading or if I would be able to get the trailer turned around once I got back there ( I am not the handiest with the trailer).

So we get back there and it was early so not a ton of people were there yet which was nice because it gave me a big area to turn around in. I unloaded her and she just walked around and took in the sights and sounds. There were horses galloping around, Kids with dogs running and kids on some feisty quick little ponies. She jumped once and that was it. Even with the horses trotting by on the hunter pace track behind the bushes she was good. I just got her feet moving when she got worried then she stood great even while I tacked her up. I got her all tacked up and then walked her around again and made her stand while I talked to Patricia who met her for the first time. We went all around and she was awesome even with a lot more people. She did stare at this one pony like she couldn't figure out if it was a horse or a dog but other then that she took everything in stride. When we were done I un tacked her and she just walked back into the trailer and we left. We left at the right time to since many more trailers were coming in and I was worried I wasn't going to get mine out. I wanted to take some pictures and even brought my camera but of course forgot to take them....Pictures will be coming of my sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment