Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Enough thinking!

Well I having been thinking about things for the last few days and I feel I am doing alright. I talked to my great hubby Dan last night and he supports my decision so just knowing that I have that support makes me feel much better. I am ready to get my back bone back and start being a real eventer again. I guess as we get older we all have to take a step back, look at what we are doing and make sure it is all good. I feel I did that and I am ready to move forward.

My new short term goal is to ride more and become more comfortable and brave with Kizzy. I know she is in full training but I want to ride her 2-4 times per week which will be more then my 1-2 times that I do now. Even if Chels continues to jump on first I mean I am paying for her to train Kiz so I don't want to miss out on that either. I think if I ride more I will get that comfortable feeling back again and Kiz and I can go have a good time.

I still want to get my son Gage a pony and work with him on his horse care and riding techniques. If I work with him and the pony at home and he comes to the barn with me and helps a little with Kiz I can spend quality time with him and we can have a bunch of fun.

All I have to say to all the people that are getting back into riding after doing it when they were young is Good Luck and Have Fun!!!! Hopefully some of that young bravery comes back:) So here we go.... Hopefully my next post will be how great my ride is on Thursday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment