Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Horses and there legs...

Well last Thursday I was all ready to have a great ride and I get a text from Chelsey letting me know that Kiz had a swollen left hind and she was a bit off. Horses are so fragile and sometimes we forget just how fragile. I ended up going to the barn taking her out for a walk/lunge to see how she felt because besides the swelling there wasn't anything else going on that I could see. I cold hosed and then walked her around again and put her away. She was a sweet quiet girl even when the black arabian started running around his paddock like a wild man. She does have a great mind:)

Friday Gage and I went to watch Dressage at the Aspen Farm event. Cindi was a volunteer for the dressage warm up so we hung out there and helped when needed. We saw some nice dressage tests and some really crazy tests on young horses. It was a bunch of fun and now Gage wants to take lessons with Chelsey on Linus so that will be fun. I checked on Kiz again she was still a bit swollen but it had gone down a bit and she was not off at all.

On Saturday Mom and I jump judged for Cross Country all day at the event and we had a blast. I saw some really wonderful rides and some really ugly rides but all in all the weather was great and the course rode wonderfully so that was good. Training, Prelim and Intermediate went on Saturday so it really made me want to push myself harder so that I can be the rider I want to be and can get Kiz out there going strong:) Chelsey had wrapped Kiz's leg so by Saturday the swelling was just about gone and she wasn't off at all. I decided to wait until Monday to ride.

Monday's ride was awesome. I just did a light ride since it was her first day back after 4 days off and she was great. I worked mainly on getting her relaxed and soft with me giving her clear aids. She moved away from my leg pressure and relaxed well. We stuck with the basics and she was great so I quit with that. I have another lesson Thursday so I am excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment