Thursday, April 2, 2009

April 1st


My name is Marney McGovern and this is my adventure with my new horse Kizzy. Here is a little information about me and my family in a nutshell. My wonderful husband Dan and I met in college (St. Cloud State University) and were married in MN in 1997. We moved to Washington State shortly after we were married. We were having a great time and enjoying the good life with friends and our 2 dogs Casey (German Shepard) and Cosmo (Jack Russell). I brought my retired event horse Gunther (Trakehner x App) out to WA around the year 1999 and got a NSH rescue (Brian) around the year 2000. I worked my butt off with Brian and learned about Natural Horsemanship with my friend Leslie who helped me in so many ways. In 2005 we had our son Gage who has added so much to our lives. He is smart, fun and loves life. Dan and I both are so happy that we have such an amazing kid. Brian and I did a few eventing clinics and Derbies but I knew he would make a better endurance horse then eventer and would like it better also. I sold Brian in 2008 to a wonderful lady and she is doing a great job with him. He is also enjoying the trail riding and will be a competitive endurance horse soon. This leads me to why I am doing this blog. Kizzy (Dutch x Thoroughbred) is my new eventing prospect and I feel she will be an awesome partner.

I am getting Kizzy next weekend which is Easter weekend so at this time I am just preparing. This is the first horse that I have bought this young and specifically for eventing. She is very well bred and has a very sweet willing personality. I am so excited and nervous but I feel this is going to be an awesome ride!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment