Wednesday, April 29, 2009

So Far So Good!!

Well I have been taking Kizzy out to explore just to get her used to things. She takes everything in and seems to really enjoy herself. I brushed her and am getting her used to walking and stopping in a straight line with voice commands. I did do a bit of desensitizing with a Fred Meyer bag and after a bit she just wanted to eat it. I love her mind and so does Dan.

This week will be all short works on the lead rope and getting her used to ground manners since she sometimes thinks I am just a rock on the road. I want to get her really used to voice commands and moving away from pressure that helps so much down the road. I also want to start getting her used to lunging and long lining. I forgot what it is like having such a young horse and I really enjoy it because everything is new and it is fun to watch them learn everything big and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment